[K12OSN] Plans for K12Linux EL6 and Future Fedora

Warren Togami Jr. warren at togami.com
Thu May 12 12:44:53 UTC 2011

On 5/11/2011 4:18 PM, Les Mikesell wrote:

> Would it be more feasible to use DRBL as the PXE boot manager and
> custom-tune some small linux distro (like Puppy) that it could boot from
> an iso image? That would divorce the server/client builds completely and
> perhaps offer a way to run different versions on different clients. It
> wants to put the whole image in RAM on the client so it might be an
> exercise in trimming out all unneeded programs. On the plus side you
> might be able to build a USB or CD boot, NX client version of the same
> image that would be perfect for wifi clients without much extra effort.

A Debian-based chroot for /opt/ltsp/i386 would likely be the easiest to
deploy as the client OS.  It would be minimal additional work.

I suppose I'll make a i686 EL6 /opt/ltsp/i386 the standard, and you can
optionally download a tarball containing the same thing but from Debian
if you need to support old hardware.

Warren