[K12OSN] Pledge Drive for K12Linux EL6

Burke Almquist burke at thealmquists.net
Wed May 18 05:45:20 UTC 2011

On May 17, 2011, at 3:25 PM, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:

> Hi Burke,
>
> I am not asking for money transfers just yet.  I will need to see how serious this community is as a whole before deciding to launch the project.
>
> If I do decide to go ahead, you will have two choices.
>
> 1) Would you like to designate your donation to me, or to my designated charity?  If the latter, then I can get you a receipt for tax purposes.
> 2) Do you have a Bank of America account?  If so you can transfer money to me with no transaction fee.  Otherwise mailing a personal check would be the best option.  Paypal is the last resort, as they charge me a 3% transaction fee.

Would it be ok if i put a note about this on the fedorahosted project wiki? Could we include a Paypal option for those making smaller donations or that can't or won't mail a check?

If you are going to be maintaining this for a number of years, I'd like the option of doing a recurring yearly donation, of say $20, in addition to my one time pledge, through Paypal (or some other means) to your charity. This would give people an ongoing way to support any continuing work.