[K12OSN] K12Linux EL6 Preliminary Feasibility Assessment - PXE

Warren Togami Jr. warren at togami.com
Sun May 22 03:05:08 UTC 2011

On 5/20/2011 11:56 PM, Gavin Spurgeon wrote:

> On 21/05/2011 01:32, Warren Togami Jr. wrote:
>> BAD, NOT SURE HOW TO FIX YET
>> ============================
>> * BROKEN: Something is seriously wrong with pxelinux.  I was able to
>> manually boot only by typing in parameters.
>
> Can you elaborate on this point ?
> Is it just a pxeconfig.cfg/default menu issue ?
>
> This is something that I (or someone else) might be able to help with.

There appear to be two issues in the EL6 version of pxelinux.0.

1. Using tcpdump, I see it does download the pxelinux.cfg/default file,
but it fails to comprehend the contents.  It downloads the kernel and
initrd if I type those parameters manually at that prompt.
2. That kernel panics for some reason I don't understand.

Both of these issues seem to go away if I drop-in the pxelinux.0 from
Fedora 12.  (havne't tested other versions).

Warren