[K12OSN] Poor performance woes

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Tue Sep 20 21:15:15 UTC 2011

Keep in mind that although apps run on the server, they still make use
of Xserver memory to load images. Xserver memory is on the client. It
is very easy to have apps crash a thin client because they overload
the available memory of the Xserver on the client. Swap can help
mitigate this. Also, you can try booting with the "nocompcache" kernel
parameter (added to your pxelinux.cfg/default file). It is debatable
as to whether the default use of compcache helps or hinders on low ram
clients.

-Gadi