[K12OSN] XFCE4

Matthew Carter redbranchwarrior at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 19:18:06 UTC 2012

Has anyone had any luck in using XFCE as the desktop on their LTSP server?

I'm having issues with the clients allowing logins. As soon as I type the
username and password, the login screen respawns. I'm using XFCE4 with GDM
on the server and I'm assuming the client doesn't have the correct packages
to support. When I chroot in to /opt/ltsp/i386, I am unable to update the
image with XFCE packages.

When I run this with the default Gnome WM and Desktop, it works fine, but
this I am trying to conserve memory.

Any luck with any other alternate DM's or Desktops?

Thanks!