[K12OSN] LTSP Gurus...Help pl : First LTSP install & Kernel panic

Sanjay Arora sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 14:31:21 UTC 2012

Sudev

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012 at 8:24 AM, Sudev Barar <sbarar at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mar 2, 2012 12:36 AM, "Sanjay Arora" <sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > dracut warning: Boot has failed. To debug this issue add "rdshell" to
> the kernel command line.
> > Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
> > Pid: 1, comm: init Not tainted 2.6.30.10-105.2.23.fc11.i586 #1
>
> Hmmmmmm....32bit 64bit combo issue?
> What happens if you add rdshell parameter to kernel load?
>
> How do I do that....the error does say that...but I don't know how....I
assume I must tinket with something in the i386 dir...but exactly what?

> Honestly have not tried installs using latest centos but should be simple.
> Do check paths in the scripts as these change from version to version.

Could it be a path error? The client machine is getting kernel
panic....this means it is getting the kernel through tftp or whatever
method pxe uses...

> Try ubuntu?

On the server machine? Unfortunately, its an existing server with spare
capacity...can't reinstall it...but can create a virtual machine with
ubuntu.....but I assumed that since I did not know anything about
ltsp/pxe/tftp toolset....it would be more difficult to setup the ltsp
server in a virtual machine.

Thanks.
Sanjay.