[K12OSN] Login does not ... um ... login

Todd Hackett me at todhackett.com
Tue Jan 15 01:15:56 UTC 2013

HI all

Talked with Dean a bit about this and he suggested that I reload and try
it again.  Welp, did that and I have the same issue: thin client boots
and comes up to the login screen, then when I enter logname and passwd,
it waits, the recycles back to the login screen.  I have NOT found any
messages in /var/log/secure -or- [chroot] /var/log/secure.  In fact,
there are not any message at all about this issue.

Ideas?

todh

On 01/14/2013 10:54 AM, Dean Jones wrote:
> What model is the touch screen?
>
> They work as long as the kernel knows the USB hardware for the touch
> panel, and X can be configured to use the display properly. ELO
> touchscreens work without any additional configuration. Some less
> popular screens need a bit of tweaking.
>
> I haven't bothered to calibrate the touch screens on thin clients.
>
> If you have any issues, let me know as I have notes about getting some
> of the lesser known models working.
>

> On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 6:44 AM, Todd Hackett <me at todhackett.com
> <mailto:me at todhackett.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi All
>
>     I haven't been able to find in information about using touch
>     screen monitors on a thin client with PXE.  One of my thin clients
>     I have has a 'built-in' calibration widget and I assume the it
>     will be OkieDokie, but the others are software controlled by XPe.
>      I guess that I don't know and need to ask, does the thin client
>     hardware handle this AFTER
>     the calibration widget has been done?  If not, where can I find
>     drivers for the terminal server for this?  I haven't loaded the TS
>     ... yet as it won't do me any good if the touch screen(s) don't
>     work with it.
>
>     Thanks!
>
>     todh
>
>     --
>     Todd Hackett             Chief Bottle Washer
>     PoBox 1168
>     Libby, MT 59923
>     406.293.3843

Todd Hackett    	System Administrator