[K12OSN] No reaction following lts.conf changes | partly SOLVED

Radek Bursztynowski radek at bursztynowski.waw.pl
Fri Jul 12 10:18:43 UTC 2013

William,

Many thanks. I checked lts.conf - you are right, one line in my lts.conf had "Trye" word instead of "True" - this mistake eliminated one line only.
My general mistake was in different place.
I can manage different client images now, but all of them from /var/lib/tftpboot/i386/lts.conf file only.

I wrote yesterday that SL 6.1 image works fine, like epel-6-i386.

Fedora 11 image needs edit /chroot/etc/sysconfig/mkinitrd file and replace rootdev="192.168.0.254:/opt/ltsp/i386"
with my present directory: rootdev="192.168.1.229:/opt/ltsp/5.2.i386-fed11"

But I still don't understand, why thin client reads /var/lib/tftpboot/i386/lts.conf only. But I retake different thin clients images management. It's wonderful and I can use i586 machines too.

Last my problem is that I can't log in to ldm using older clients images (SL 6.1, Fedora 14, 11) while I executed ltsp-update-sshkeys.
But I am going to move this my problem to separated subject on this list.

Thanks again everybody who supports me.

Best regards,
Radek

---
Radek,
This may be of no assistance but I seem to recall in an earlier post
that one of your "true" statements in the lts.conf had a typo (iirc,
TRUE was misspelled).
(...)

Regards,
William (who spent way too much time looking for lost semi-colons in
perl scripts)