[K12OSN] Printers was ---Re: Launch FF on start up

me me at todhackett.com
Tue Mar 5 19:43:00 UTC 2013

Hi Barry
On Tue, 05 Mar 2013 13:16:39 -0600, Barry R Cisna wrote
> Todd,
>
> In regards to your locally attached printer.
> This is ltsp v5 you are using correct?

believe so

> 1) If your client ends up with an ip address of 172.31.100.101
> >From the server can you do a,,
> telnet 172.31.100.101 9100
> ,, and get a connect?
> If you don't get this connect you will have to keep scraping,,until you
> get this successful.

Actually I do not use the supplied address block.  I have a DHCP server setup to work
with the TC's ( 192.168...stuff ).  When I was playing with the printers awhile back, I
did try to telnet to'm without luck.

The end result is it was easier and faster to use a couple of the extra TC's that I
have. They are running XPe and I made them print servers. One even has three printers
connected: 2 USB and 1 Parallel.  Sure a dirty hack sorta, but it works and I don't have
to jump through hoops to get K12 printers working and can move on to other things.

> 2)  What brand of printer is this?
> Have you had it connected to the actual server and it works OK connected
> locally to your k12linux server?

Ithaca BankJet and PosJet; both USB and Parallel.  Can't test the Parallel on the server
as there is no port for that, but the USB ones did install and work just fine.

todh