[K12OSN] usb not working

Radek Bursztynowski radek at bursztynowski.waw.pl
Thu Apr 3 22:12:04 UTC 2014

Johan,

No think with chroot. I think about checking on thin client terminal,
not on the server. If you define in lts.conf one of the free thin client
terminal screen (let say 5) by SCREEN_05 = shell record, you can switch
thin client using Ctrl+Alt+F5 to the shell on the thin client terminal.
Then you can check is the usb device mounted.

In my opinion it is important because within the first step thin client
mounts usb device locally and within the next step there is the
redirection to the server.
If usb device is not mounted on the thin client terminal - check the
module on thin client image (chroot) responsible for usb device file
system. If there is no this module - install it using chroot mechanizm.

If usb device is mounted on thin client terminal and you don't see this
device on the server - there is the problem. Check rpm -q ltspfs on the
server. If there is no ltspfs - install this package. You can find this
package in LTSP repo.

I think that it could be the reason of mounting troubles.

Best regards,
Radek