[K12OSN] Log off doesn end all user processes

Radek Bursztynowski radek at bursztynowski.waw.pl
Wed Apr 16 15:07:19 UTC 2014

Many thanks to all for advices.
Yes, I use pkill -U $USER for loging out LTSP client from the server.
Every time I check is the user is loged in from thin client or from the server directly and for LTSP session I use pkill, for directed session standard log out GNOME, XFCE or KDE program. It works fine with Scientific Linux 6.1 or CentOS 6.4 thin clent image. But I have several old machines which have to use old thin client image (Fedora 11 - i586). And pkill -U $USER with Fedora 11 thin client image kills all user processes but LDM on thin client couldn't refresh and I can see black screen only. When I use Ctrl+Alt+Backspace keys everything back to the norm and LDM reloads. It isn't clear solution for the users who use Fedora 11 thin client image with on old machines.

Let me add that when I log out using standard GNOME/XFCE/KDE logging out program on Fedora 11 image, LDM reloads well, but few user processes still run.

This is my real problem.

On the margin I noticed that pkill -U $USER doesn't umount breaks link with /home/$USER/.gvf. It breajs tar user home directory for simple bacakup. So, the first I umount /home/$USER/gvfs and the next is pkill.

Many thanks again for help, perhaps something else?

Radek