[K12OSN] Possible to install from old K12Linux repo's?

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Sun Dec 28 16:41:56 UTC 2014

Hello All,

Can anyone give any insight on,if it is possible to manually add an
entry in yum.repos.d to pull from the old K12Linux repos that reside on
ancl.hawaii?
It appears the repos are still in order there but of course the actual
ltsp.rpm is longer there.

Been trying for the last week to get the latest spin of LTSP to work on
CentOS 6.6 with no luck.

What happens on latest server/client build of LTSP:

1) a user tries to log in
   In secure logs userxyz is accepted by pam_linux. Directly after this
"failed password for root from (serveripaddess) by ssh2".
2) If i manually generate authorized_keys for root on server then
transfer to root in ltsp chroot, the user gets logged in but is root at
the client desktop.
3) If i setup lts.conf for only a shell login i see about 8 lines of,
"ldm[### segfault at 8 ip"
Then shell comes up to an expected bash prompt after these 8 lines.
I am guessing this is not a good thing of course

I have done memtest86 on this server for 2$ hours to make sure memory is
not flakey.

Haven't figured out if this is do ldm or ssh or a combination.

I tried setting up the ltsp-lighdm hack but it was a battle also and is
written for debian and bottom line wouldn't install to CentOS :(

Out of ideas.

I need to get the server back into production to supply some seats in a
classroom.

Thank You,
Barry