Re: [K12OSN] CentOS & LTSP being maintained

"johan.vermeulen7" <johan vermeulen7 telenet be>schreef:

Les Mikesell <lesmikesell gmail com>schreef:

On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 7:36 AM, Jim Kinney <jim kinney gmail com> wrote:

> I've been working with the virtualization tool in centos and ovirt in
> particular.  There are good reasons to look at it as a replacement for ltsp.
> It greatly separates the user environment and the spice client makes the
> remote session feel local.
>
> There's much work to be done to make it as good for school use as k12ltsp
> has been. There will still need to be a pxeboot setup and the base install
> on the clients will need to be modified to connect to a remote vm.

I've always thought that a pxe (or maybe even USB) boot into something
running an x2go client would be usable - maybe even better for laptops
on wifi,

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com

Hallo,

such a thing already exists, and is described in detail on the 2xcient website.
But the pxe machine is only on Debian.

Greetings Johan