[katello-devel] Search auto-complete issues

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Fri Aug 5 19:36:23 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've been implementing some role enforcement in the controllers and
noticed a couple of issues:

1.  The auto-complete search query is mostly the same for every
controller.  That is to say that for "Changesets", auto complete looks
for all changesets across the entire application to try to complete the
search with.  This is obviously not desired.  Most all queries need to
be scoped by organization, and some by environment.  We should add a
task for this, as this will involve changing a good number of controllers.

2.  (Specifically for amos).  Currently there is no way in scoped_search
to pass other data with the auto_complete request.  So in the above
example we need to send the environment_id along with the search term
(to auto complete).  I traced this back to the scoped_search gem, do you
think it something you would be able to add?

-Justin