[katello-devel] Bundle install problems should be gone now

Jeff Weiss jweiss at redhat.com
Tue Aug 9 12:41:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-08-09 at 09:37 +0200, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> On 08/09/2011 01:33 AM, Mike McCune wrote:
> > good progress but did you test this?
> >
> > I tried a fresh install on F14 and F15 and neither work out of the box:
>
> Mike,
>
> I did test it, but I forgot to completely uninstall all the rubygems
> (yum remove ruby step).
>
> The build you were trying was build against a different rubygem-rack RPM
> then you are downloading from our repo.
>
> This shows one thing - our build & packaging environment is not much
> stable. It confirms my & Shannon's words we should accelerate process of
> getting Katello to the Brew.

I'm curious what features Brew offers to make this pain easier?  I don't
know much about Brew, but apparently it runs Koji, and the Koji doc page
says
https://fedorahosted.org/koji/

"Uses Yum and Mock open-source components"

That's exactly what our builds (on Jenkins at least) already use.  So
while I am not trying to dissuade anyone from using brew, I don't see
how it's going to help solve this particular problem.  Maybe someone can
fill me in.

Jeff