[katello-devel] Access to CP/Pulp when user is not specified

Ivan Nečas inecas at redhat.com
Wed Aug 10 07:59:29 UTC 2011

On 08/10/2011 09:51 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> On 08/09/2011 05:36 PM, Brad Buckingham wrote:
>> - user1 in org X creates the key... and is therefore associated with the
>> key
>> - user1 is no longer part of the org... (i.e. they are removed)
>> - who now owns the key? is it now the user that removed user1 from the
>> katello?
>
> Since there is no activation key - system live reference, this seems
> like reasonable solution. Far better then cascading user deletion into
> activation key.

We discussed with Brad on IRC, that there should be activation key -
system reference:

bbuckingham> ok, i suspect we'll need to in the future... i believe
satellite currently tracks that... it can also be useful in keeping
track on 'limits', if we choose to add an limit on a key to ensure it
isn't 'overused'

Ivan

--
Regards,