[katello-devel] How are we gonna deploy

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Thu Aug 18 12:28:55 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'd like to start a thread about production deployment. We currently use
webrick and also start it using nohup temporary. This is definitely the
right way of doing things.

Quick look on Wikipedia tells:

- passenger - "the preferred way to deploy Ruby on Rails applications"
- mongrel - good option, but quite old (3 yrs last stable)
- ?

And from the webserver point of view:

- apache - defacto standard, great attention in RHEL (security patches
etc), customers already know how to configure it
- nginx - fast (but do we need that?)
- ?

I've started etherpad on that:
http://gibson.usersys.redhat.com:9000/1X73bNknvz

Would be interesting to do it the same way the other ruby / rails teams
do (aeolus, headpin, ...?)

  Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
  RHN Satellite Engineering
  Red Hat Czech s.r.o. Brno