[katello-devel] Easy profiling setup

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Tue Dec 13 17:04:39 UTC 2011

On 12/13/2011 07:58 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> Hey,
>
> was curious why Ruby takes so much CPU while importing a big manifest. I
> tried this very easy approach to see some profiling information:
>
> rails profiler 'User.current = User.find(1); \
> Provider.find(1).import_manifest "/root/manifest.zip"'
>
> And it did not point out on a particular flaw in our codebase. It's just
> slow.

heh, I think there is a lot of overhead with hundreds of PUTs to pulp to
create the repos.  If you tail /var/log/httpd/ssl_kt_access_log you will
note that the vast majority of the time spent during manifest import is
looping over the repos and PUTing them into Pulp's DB.

> https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/Profiling
>
> But the command could be useful for you, so sharing.

thanks, will definitely use it.

Mike
--
Mike McCune