[katello-devel] Four default roles

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Fri Jul 1 09:30:09 UTC 2011

Hello,

I just added new role and renamed three old ones. We have the following
default roles:

Administrator - superadmin role (not admin self-role, this is
different). It has "superadmin" column flag set to true and it has
special treatment. It has access everywhere (User.allowed_to? returns
always true for such a role). Thus we don't need to explicitly "allow"
everything to admin now in the seed script. I have commented this out.
User "admin" is assigned to this role by default.

Read Everything - classical "reader". Can read everything. Currently
there are no users assigned to this role. If you find a page this role
has no read access to please add it.

Anonymous - "nobody" role. Used when user is not logged in (since he
still needs to access some resources - notifications for example). User
"anonymous" assigned to this role. He has random password and it is
disabled by default so no one can log in using anonymous. Katello would
not allow to do anything under this account, but its disabled just to be
sure.

Candlepin - special role for RHSM. Not intended for regular users.

I just added "description" column to Role with information about roles.

I also added "disabled" flag to User to (temporary) disable an account.

@UI team: please elaborate these two new columns in the UI, thanks.

  Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
  RHN Satellite Engineering
  Red Hat Czech s.r.o. Brno