[katello-devel] New "initdb" action in the init script

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Fri Jul 1 10:01:31 UTC 2011

On 06/30/2011 09:34 PM, Jay Dobies wrote:
>> Can we re-visit this?
>>
>> Cliff
>
> Something else to keep in mind, systemd doesn't support arbitrary words
> like "init" (at least from what I've heard). Pulp has the same problem
> that we need to figure out where to hook the init step.

We can move this out to an external script. Something like

# katello-setup

But this is not about where it is, its more about what it does. Yes, it
should ask for confirmation, maybe for more parameters (PostgreSQL or
SQlite3)...

Would be good idea to do it the same way as Pulp folks. Maybe Candlepin
could join as well.

  Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
  RHN Satellite Engineering
  Red Hat Czech s.r.o. Brno