[katello-devel] Four default roles

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Fri Jul 1 12:23:38 UTC 2011

On 07/01/2011 02:15 PM, Todd B Sanders wrote:

> Not sure I follow this user or role, can you elaborate?

Sure, Anonymous role and anonymous user is just a technical thing. When
user is logged out he still needs to see notifications ("You have been
logged out" or "Invalid username or password").

I could add special rules to all the places where authorization must be
bypassed, or I could add special "nobody" role that is always used when
there is no user (no session was created yet). I took the latter
approach - it also allows us to define "public" parts of the Katello
which are available without any credentials (if we want to).

> Are these roles going to be populated in the DB upon initial install by
> an end user?  If so, then we should hide internal-use roles (i.e.
> Candlepin) if they are required for system operation.  Otherwise,
> accidental deletion is an issue.

Good point. Maybe we could create "system" or "hidden" flag, hide them
all from the UI and use this one for self-roles as well. Brad do you
think it is feasible?

LZ

  Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
  RHN Satellite Engineering