[katello-devel] system registration with environments is in master

Devan Goodwin dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca
Wed Jul 6 15:27:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 4:50 PM, Dmitri Dolguikh <dmitri at redhat.com> wrote:
> I *will* delete kalpana addresses from my address book.
>

> I just pushed the changes that associate systems with environments. That
> means:
>
>  - a system is now associated with an environment, not organization (see db
> schema)
>  - you need to have at least one environment (other than locker) to register
> a system
>  - you can get all systems in an organization (@organization.systems), or
> you can get just systems in an environment
> (@organization.environments.first.systems)
>  - you can omit environment during registration if there's only one
> environment in the organization
>
> You will need to update rhsm to the latest version (the old one is not going
> to work).
>
> Please let me know if you have any questions,
> -d

repos. (the public fedorahosted ones, make sure you're not still on
internal axiom ones) "tito build --rpm --test -i" on each.

Until we sort out some error handling issues, the CLI might fail in
strange ways if things aren't set up properly, for instance if you
only have a Locker env available, or if you have multiple envs
available but none specified in the command. /var/log/rhsm/rhsm.log
should have the error message from Katello however.

GUI is a little more informative in this regard.

Cheers,

Devan