[katello-devel] Four default roles

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Thu Jul 7 09:11:58 UTC 2011

On 07/01/2011 07:31 PM, Bryan Kearney wrote:

>> Candlepin - special role for RHSM. Not intended for regular users.
>
> Perhaps you call this system or consumer? The goal here is a machine
> acting on behalf of itself.

Bryan,

sorry I did not describe the "candlepin" role in more detail.

This role is used when systems or consumers are accessing Candlepin
through Katello. It has very limited permissions (practically only to
access Candlepin or register systems).

Systems/consumers are authenticated using client certificates in this case.

Dmitri is this correct?

  Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
  RHN Satellite Engineering
  Red Hat Czech s.r.o. Brno