[katello-devel] UI Permission Martix - Top down approach

Partha Aji paji at redhat.com
Mon Jul 11 15:18:08 UTC 2011

So far we have been working the permissions stuff bottom up from the
model level. While this is great for locking things down, it is at a
very foundational level (fine grained). It is not clear in terms of the
product (or at least the UI) what permissions go where and what is
actually needed. Keeping this in mind I with help from Justin and
Mike created the following
https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/PermissionMatrix.

  This attempts to state the permission requirements in terms of actions
in the UI from
the perspective of a User. We could use this as a start point for having
more concrete/useful permissions. Meeting will be scheduled on this
topic for more discussions and ironing out the details...

Comments/Suggestions/Rants are welcome :)..

Partha