[katello-devel] Updated Permission matrix

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Mon Jul 18 08:07:04 UTC 2011

On 07/16/2011 01:45 AM, Partha Aji wrote:
> 1) User:Organization - The permission matrix had this assumption that a user was tied to at least one organization. I always thought this was the case but want more clarity on this.

This was incorrect assumption. A user can be tied to (0..n)
organizations using permissions (his own role). There will be no
User-Org database relationship at all.

> 2) Role:Organization - I assume Role was scoped to an org. But how do we solve the issue of giving a role in which a User with that role will be able to update multiple organizations?

The above should explain this case. A user (or role) can be assigned to
multiple organizations.

  Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
  RHN Satellite Engineering
  Red Hat Czech s.r.o. Brno