[katello-devel] Started going through a setup

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 17:29:16 UTC 2011

I went through the setup process. My goal was via the command line to be
able to install, sync some content, and promote it to an environment,
and then consume it from a system. I got to creating the first change
set, but can not promote it yet either the CLI or the GUI. So.. it is
getting closer.

Couple of questions/comments:

1) From the cli, I have to do:

katello -u [USERNAME] -p [PASSWORD] COMMAND SUBCOMMAND [OPTIONS]

for example:

./bin/katello -u admin -p admin changeset info --org ACME_Corporation
--name test

Would it make sense to allow the -u -p after the command? So.. for example:

./bin/katello changeset info -u admin -p admin --org ACME_Corporation
--name test

2) The provider type is supposed to be "rhn" to sync redhat conent.
Should this be CDN, redhat, or something else? RHN seems odd.

3) From the UI, is there a way to switch the current org I am looking
at? I started to use my custom org but I had to go back and use
ACME_Corporation.

4) The seed data in the install sets up roles and a superadmin (good)
but also a dummy org and 2 providers. Can we scale this back to perhaps
one org?

5) What is the naming scheme for repos. It seems "unique"

-- bk