[katello-devel] Candlepin Authentication Redux

Devan Goodwin dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca
Thu Jul 21 19:10:37 UTC 2011

We think we have sorted out the auth issues where Katello was getting
rejected whenever trying to do something as a non-admin user. At this
point it should not be required to create parallel users in Candlepin
whenever one is created in Katello. We assume that Katello does all
the authentication and authorization, and whatever it asks for in
Candlepin, it shall receive.

You will need to enable the Katello module in candlepin.conf:

module.config.katello=org.fedoraproject.candlepin.katello.KatelloModule

I will add this to the Katello install page.

After this you should be ok to authenticate via oauth, provided you
don't make requests specifically for user info. (things in /users) I
suspect Katello will either override or provide alternate calls for
these sorts of things.

I cannot fully register as a non-admin because I can't figure out the
permissions, and it looks like they might not be quite ready for this
yet. Hopefully though you guys can resume work with this. Code is in
candlepin.git master. Let me know if any additional issues arise.

Cheers,

Devan