[katello-devel] Candlepin Auth Integration Phase One

Devan Goodwin dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca
Wed Jun 22 15:11:27 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 12:02 PM, James Bowes <jbowes at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 11:52:44AM -0300, Devan Goodwin wrote:

>> > How about sending ?owner=key every time (even for single owner case)? That
>> > should work on the Candlepin side...
>> >
>> > if (owner == null) {
>> >  // wont reach the check
>> > }
>>
>> Yeah it should probably send it no matter what. I will make this change.
>>

> We can't; there's already clients in the wild sending register requests
> without it.

Bearing in mind I'm omitting the server side skip lzap mentioned above
(if no owner specified we still need to check), and just doing a
client side change to get the CLI register to always specify an owner
key (the GUI appears to already do this), I think we're ok. Server
itself will still function if it's not there as described, this would
just get registrations passing through Katello operational. (and even
this is probably short term)

 IIRC we're operating under the assumption that client updates will be
required to register to Katello. (I am double checking this now)

--
Devan Goodwin <dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca>
http://rm-rf.ca