[katello-devel] New "initdb" action in the init script

Cliff Perry cperry at redhat.com
Thu Jun 30 19:32:32 UTC 2011

On 06/23/2011 10:07 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just added new initdb action to our init script. It just calls "rake
> setup" but under the correct user ("katello"). Do not run "rake setup"
> under root!
>
> Example use:
>
> # service katello initdb
>
> # service katello start
> # chkconfig katello on
>
> Garik can you test it for me please? It should resolve your problems. I
> have also symlinked the db/schema.rb into /var/lib/katello.
>
> LZ

Hi - this scares me.

The thought that a user (or customer when product) would mistakenly
initialize the DB without much of any warning.

I'm not sure where this should be, but as a service script option
without any warning to prompt to confirm to me is a dangerous place to
have this.

Can we re-visit this?

Cliff