[katello-devel] Fwd: [kalpana-devel] Main Role Use Cases

Todd B Sanders tsanders at redhat.com
Fri May 27 14:57:40 UTC 2011

Moving over to katello-devel.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[kalpana-devel] Main Role Use Cases
Date: 	Fri, 27 May 2011 10:24:07 -0400
From: 	Bryan Kearney <bkearney at redhat.com>
To: 	Kalpana Development Discussions <kalpana-devel at redhat.com>

Per a conversation on IRC, here is a first cut of what I think are the
main use cases we want to support with Roles. Lets discuss here, and
when finalized I will move to the wiki.

1) Users should be granted access to an one Tenant (top level org) but
not another. Some users will be read only on the org, others would be
able to do stuff.
2) Around Packages, we want to enable/disable:
   A) Creating Providers, Syncing Content.
   B) Seeing products
   C) Promoting should be controlled by the environment.
3) Around Environment, we want to protect:
   A) Access to the environment.
   B) Promoting into the environment.
4) Around Templates:
   A) Creating / Editing Them.
   B) Promoting should be controlled by the environment.
5) Around Systems, we want to protect:
   A) CRUD basd on the environment they are in.
   B) Remote Command and Control

Other UI Specific toggles. All within an org
- Seeing / Executing Reports
- Each Major tab / Minor Tab should be tied to one "business" permission
(Systms tab may equal System.View for the current org)

Other toggles outside of an org
- User CRUD
- Permission CRUD
- Org Create