[katello-devel] registering consumer from katello end

Kedar Bidarkar kbidarka at redhat.com
Thu Nov 17 11:44:32 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Registering a node from the subscription-manager from client end worked for me earlier and I could consume the repos.

Today, I have registered and provided subscriptions to a machine from katello end(server end).
http://pastebin.test.redhat.com/68288
I would like to know what actions need to be performed on the client machine, so that it can fetch and consume the repos.

Please let me know,

How the consumer certs are pulled or created here on the client and how will the repos get created.
>From the link  https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/SystemRegistration
I no longer find pulp-client, has the process changed a bit.

I found that pulp-consumer is the replacement for pulp-client and used it.

I face the below issue, but this node is already registered.

[root at dhcp201-219 yum.repos.d]# pulp-consumer --username admin --password admin consumer create --id b6db228b-3737-4538-890a-5fe1cb513d49
warning: this client is not known to the pulp server; run 'pulp-consumer consumer register' to register it
Supported Actions:
	register       register the consumer
	unregister     unregister the consumer
	bind           bind the consumer to listed repos
	unbind         unbind the consumer from repos
	history        view the consumer history
	update         update consumer profile

pulp-consumer: error: invalid action: please see --help

Please correct me if required.

Thanks and Regards,
Kedar Bidarkar