[katello-devel] updated katello docs

Kedar Bidarkar kbidarka at redhat.com
Fri Nov 18 11:27:07 UTC 2011

Hi all,

After testing out on my system, I have updated the below stuff.
I have updated the doc https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/GuideSystemRegistrationClient

Added :

Edit /etc/rhsm/rhsm.conf

baseurl=https://<pulp FQDN>/pulp/repos/
repo_ca_cert = %(ca_cert_dir)scandlepin-local.pem
ca_cert_dir = /etc/rhsm/ca/

    * If the client machine is already registered with the katello
       subscription-manager register -u [USER] -p [PASSWORD] --consumerid [UUID]

    * Registering via activation keys
       [root at dhcp201-xxx ca]# subscription-manager register --activationkey 140_activation_keys --org <org name>
       The system has been registered with id: 8f8c163a-e2e7-4040-8fdb-8dc24c6bf5f7

Please let me know if anything needs to be modified/corrected.

Regards,
Kedar Bidarkar