[katello-devel] Documentation improvement suggestion

Ivan Nečas inecas at redhat.com
Mon Nov 28 14:21:53 UTC 2011

Hi all,

As our project and team grows and more external people (not only QA) is
trying out our project, I miss some reasonable documentation more and
more. And if there is some it's spread across several places, which is
not very usable.

Therefore I would like to know your opinion on improving this status.
One possible improvement could be creating a wiki page (or editing
existing one) after each story finished. On this page there could be
information such as:

 1. the story itself (or more stories in case they relate together)
 2. some background description with important information and links to
    external sources.
 3. info about a keyword that can be used for searching commits related
    to this story
 4. simple scenario describing how to use the feature developed with
    this story (useful not only for QA)

I've created one such a page after finishing my last story about
revoking entitlement certificates (it can be found under
DevelopmentResources -> Features:

https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/EntitlementsRevocation

What do you think about this movement?

-- Ivan