[katello-devel] Certificate authority for RHSM

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Mon Oct 3 13:07:41 UTC 2011

Hey,

me and Sachin ran into issues with rhsm giving "certificate verify
failed" against Katello. As the workarond was to awfully set insecure=1
in the rhsm.log we worked out on better solution.

It turned out rhsm is not accepting certificates in crl format, only in
pem format. Therefore I modified our advanced installation guide to
convert the certificate for rhsm.

https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/AdvancedInstallation?action=diff&version=4

There is no need of modifying puppet manifests since this is a change on
the client side. By the way we should start maybe a new wiki page
dedicated to client side configuration.

  Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
  RHN Satellite Engineering
  Red Hat Czech s.r.o. Brno