[katello-devel] RFC: Splitting up the cli for headpin

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Thu Oct 20 18:54:26 UTC 2011

Following on the splitting up of the katello cli, here is a proposal for
the cli.

I would propose that we break the katello-cli into 2 rpms. One
(katello-cli-common) delivers the katello python module. The other
(katello-cli) delivers the binary file.. and the config file.

We can then create, in the headpin branch, a headpin-cli  package which
delivers a different binary and config.

The drawback to this is that the binary file contains the listing of
what commands to expose. So,  if a cool new command is added which is
required for both Katello and Headpin, we would need to edit two binaries.

Thoughts?

-- bk