[katello-devel] bundle install not working?

Adrian Likins alikins at redhat.com
Wed Sep 28 13:03:15 UTC 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tyler Smart" <tsmart at redhat.com>
To: katello-devel at redhat.com
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:14:01 AM
Subject: [katello-devel] bundle install not working?

Hi all,

Is it just me or does anyone else have the experience of always having to tweak the gems after every pull from master? It seems like bundle install just does not work with katello, as I just cleaned out all my gems, pulled from master, bundle installed and I get this:

/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/dependency.rb:247:in `to_specs': Could not find rack (~> 1.2.1) amongst

I'll be able to figure out the issue in a min or two, but does anyone else share this pain?

Yeah, ran into that, or a variation there of yesterday. I'm not entirely what exactly is
required to fix it (I did a lot of munging around), but removing the rubygem-rack rpm's,
the rack gems via gem, and then updating/installed katello from the fedora-katello
repo's (reinstalling the rubygem-rack rpms in the process) seemed to get me going again.
I didn't investigate much once it was working, so not exactly sure what was broken.

Adrian