[katello-devel] Katello Apache+Thin changes : merged to master (thin remote branch)

Brad Buckingham bbuckingham at redhat.com
Fri Sep 9 23:10:33 UTC 2011

On 09/09/2011 10:20 AM, Brad Buckingham wrote:
> On 09/09/2011 10:13 AM, Cliff Perry wrote:
>> On 09/09/2011 10:03 AM, Brad Buckingham wrote:
>>> Correction to URL below.

>>> Corrected URL:
>>> https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/Install#GettingupandRunningGIT

>> Has the public wiki installation pages changed to reflect this change?
>> or nothing required?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Cliff
> Hi Cliff,
>
> The public wiki installation page has been updated; however, the
> changes are very minor in nature.  From a production point of view,
> the procedure is essentially identical; however, some notes were added
> to the wiki.
>
> The install page can be found at:
> https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/Install
>
> The initial delta to the page can be viewed at:
> https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/Install?action=diff&version=62
>
> That said, I'm sure we'll be adding more details to the wiki as folks
> begin using the new configuration.
>
> thanks,
> Brad

Developers,

As more folks have begun using the new configuration using thin today,
we found that those using RubyMine were unable to start the application
within the IDE.  In addition, we found that rails console was no longer
working.

We have since pushed a couple of small commits to address these issues.
These commits do impact how a developer will start the application, so
we have also updated the install wiki to reflect those details.  Ref:
https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/Install#GettingupandRunningGIT

The 2 commits were:
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=katello.git;a=commit;h=83ef7a964b553c631c684fc6a1ff828b78c1b204
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=katello.git;a=commit;h=15131b7d33e74214d658ed131243dd51371b38c6

To start Katello using the /katello prefix and the thin app server, we
recommend the following:
     (Note: use script/rails vs script/thin)

   RAILS_RELATIVE_URL_ROOT=/katello script/rails server thin

Cheers,
Brad