[katello-devel] Simple cli test -> system test

corey welton cwelton at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 00:29:32 UTC 2011

On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 21:59:13 +0200
Lukas Zapletal <lzap at redhat.com> wrote:

> How to check multiline output?

It searches stdout (and stderr, piped to stdout). I'm not sure if you
can embed CRLFs in the search, or if you could possibly craft a decent
search query that python can parse. I can look into it.

> Can we check output that is not always the same?

As long as you know the expected output, you can create multiple tests.

> How to store output of previous commands?

All output is logged at the end. A TODO is to log it to a file and/or
in a junit format, but I've not done that yet.

> I think its too much lightweight for our case.

It is lightweight, yes. But it's something i put together real quick
as a prototype, and I've found it useful for running through 10+ cases
at a time. I'm sure it can do more than that, but I haven't tried.
And I'm always open to suggestions.