[katello-devel] PATCH: katello-repos for distributing the .repo files

Cliff Perry cperry at redhat.com
Tue Sep 20 19:25:31 UTC 2011

On 09/15/2011 02:37 PM, Mike McCune wrote:
> On 09/15/2011 10:44 AM, Bryan Kearney wrote:

>>> The intended goal is to run the puppet only after all software has
>>> been installed, and skip any .repo manipulation and software
>>> installation when the /usr/sbin/katello-configure approach is used.
>>>
>>> That was the next thing I was gonna ask you about -- how do we
>>> restructure the puppet modules to make that possible (while keeping
>>> the .repo modifying and installation pieces there invocable by people
>>> who need them)?

>>> Right.
>>>
>> The ueber rpm is good for single machines or appliances.. not so much
>> for splittingit up (HA, fail over, etc)

Agree this implementation limits today, but first steps first... keep it
simple, allowing for modular breakage of stuff over time.

This single RPM could easily be replaced in the future by say 3 or 4
separate RPMS, one for each major component - which sucks in appropriate
puppet module needed.

Cliff