[katello-devel] Regular nightly builds of the testing repo

Ivan Nečas inecas at redhat.com
Thu Apr 19 14:12:19 UTC 2012

This is just what we need! Good work.

On 04/19/2012 03:03 PM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have setup our build bot so from now on the *testing* repo is
> regenerated with fresh packages every midnight (GMT).
>
> http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/katello/katello/testing/
>
> If you are waiting for a patch or something, make sure if the commit is
> tagged. We build from git tags. If unsure, ask Katello developer about
> this.
What about not making the nightly builds dependent on a developer
tagging it? Just taking the last commit from the last commit in master
branch and let tito give it a versions that is based on number of
commits from last tag, not making new tag at all?

We could get into the state of particular nightly build either from
those revision number:

git checkout `git log --since '$LAST_TAG' --format='%H' | tail -n
$COMMITS_AFTER_TAG | head -n 1`

Or by date of build:

git checkout `git log --until '$BUILD_DATE' --format='%H' -n 1`

-- Ivan

--
Regards,

  Ivan Necas