[katello-devel] tags and nightly builds

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 08:06:18 UTC 2012

> With the addition of nightly builds (thanks Lukas!), I am trying to wrap my head around how best to get insight into what was actually built.
>
> What gets built each night is determined by the most recent tag. Is this the best way to determine what is built? Would it be better to automatically generate a tag just prior to the automatic build? (Perhaps the auto tag could be a readable format like YYYY-MM-DD too?)

Ok this is a conspiracy, I have modified our build scripts so we are now
building nightly with --test tito option.

http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/katello/katello/testing/fedora-16/x86_64/

For those who does not know tito, the packages are now in the format of:

katello-all-0.2.30-1.git.14.a5e8d2c.fc16.noarch.rpm
  latest tag ^           ^1  ^2

1 - number of commits since the latest tag
2 - githash

As the change was easy, we can switch back in the future. Enjoy.

 Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
 RHN Satellite Engineering
 Red Hat Czech s.r.o. Brno