[katello-devel] activation keys referencing non-existent pools

Tom McKay thomasmckay at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 18:56:44 UTC 2012

I'm working on a BZ where a bonus pool has been added to an activation key. Later the bonus pool goes away but the activation key still references it.

My thinking for a fix is that in models/activation_key I would check with candlepin that all of the pools referenced are still valid. If any are no longer valid, remove the reference and save the record.

Does this seem reasonable? What would be the Ruby on Rails way to do this?

The nitty-gritty: The table 'key_pools' links activation_key to pool. The 'pools' table has a reference to the now-gone pool by candlepin id.