[katello-devel] Content search shared/unique terminology

Malini Rao mrao at redhat.com
Wed Aug 1 14:26:03 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jason Rist" <jrist at redhat.com>
To: katello-devel at redhat.com
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2012 4:16:29 PM
Subject: Re: [katello-devel] Content search shared/unique terminology

On 07/30/2012 02:02 PM, Justin Sherrill wrote:
> In the demo today it was brought up how poor the unique/shared
> terminology was within content search and how we needed a tipsy tooltip
> to better explain it, only with better naming.
>
> Corey brought up using union and difference instead of unique and shared
> which i like a lot. Thoughts?
>

> I've added the following tipsy in the meantime (please ignore the haml):
>
> =_('All:')
> = _("Show all results regardless of which columns they exist in.")
> =_('Shared:')
> = _("Show only results that exist in all selected columns.")
> =_('Unique:')
> = _("Show only results not existing in all selected columns.")

[ Malini ]---> I suggest a slight modification to the tipsy text - Instead of the word 'columns', I think we should say 'environments'

> -Justin

I tend to agree with Corey.  Union and Intersection (or difference?) are
"normal" or accepted means of understanding.

[ Malini ]--->  If this is indeed common parlance, then I would suggest a change in the field label -

Instead of "View : All/ Union/ Intersection", use "Content: All/ Union/Intersection"

Otherwise I was going to suggest -

"Content Display: All/ Shared by all / Missing in some"

--
Jason E. Rist
Senior Software Engineer