[katello-devel] A couple of community-related questions

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Thu Aug 2 10:27:26 UTC 2012

/me reading through http://about.travis-ci.org ...

>   - it'd be helpful for community to know the current status of codebase
>   - it would force us to maintain a subset of fast developer-tests (as
> in TDD)

I'm against it. Or more precisely I'm not going to cooperate on this.

This will install project directly from GitHub. But we are not
delivering this. We deliver rpm and installation using rpm using:
  https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/Install
Installation from github is completely different scenario and I think we
should not support it.
I feel it is better to have one better installation scenario, rather
then two worse (maintained) scenarios.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Systems Management Engineering