[katello-devel] Case sensitive behavior in katello

Eric Sammons esammons at redhat.com
Thu Aug 9 16:25:41 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 9.8.2012 18:08, Eric Sammons wrote:

Coming from GSS and having been a customer I can assure you that DEV == dev == Dev in a production world.  Anything like Library->DEV->dev would be bad design within a company because in the real world dev is dev is dev regardless of how you type it.  The same goes for usernames; in fact most web ui apps will convert for you the username entered to the case supported (for example I have seen, esammons at example.com get changed to ESAMMONS at EXAMPLE.COM, perhaps they have a Mainframe backend).

So while I may not agree here that allowing Dev DEV and dev, I am more of the opinion that we either fix it or we document it because as is the current behavior could be dangerous.