[katello-devel] Renaming of environments: summary

Dmitri Dolguikh dmitri at redhat.com
Wed Aug 15 14:11:49 UTC 2012

The discussion here covers Katello API. A big point that I keep failing
to communicate is that we, Katello developers, can't know all possible
clients of Katello REST API. Yes, Katello cli is going to be fine, since
it doesn't (at least presently) cache/persist locally any information it
receives. Yes, yum is going to be fine too.

The hypothetical customer/3rd party system in the example I made is
utterly fubared however. When accessing data at the url it persisted, it
receives completely different data. We just violated someone else's data
integrity. Why doesn't this bother anyone?

Imagine some piece of code violated Katello internal data integrity the
same way - what would your reaction be then?
-d