[katello-devel] Org switcher during sign-in

Eric Sammons esammons at redhat.com
Tue Aug 21 14:41:39 UTC 2012

> +1 to these changes - When there is a default org set for a user,
> they should not have to choose it during log in or on the landing
> page. If there is only one org, they should not need to select it
> either. Less important but for fit and finish, can we adjust the
> minimum size of the Org drop down to fit exactly when there are less
> than 4 orgs ( which seems to be the current minimum height) - so if
> there is only one, there is no white space between it and the
> 'manage organizations' link? Also, when you do go to the manage
> organizations page and then drop the org switcher down, the org
> switcher panel is displaying behind the left panel of the 2 pane in
> the version I am accessing. This is clearly a bug and not sure if it
> is already logged.
>
> Thanks
> Malini

As a side, I'm sure folks are aware of this, the org switcher is actually over-laying the login page.  If I wanted to I believe I could actually use code to access the hidden password field and other elements that become hidden once the org switcher "rolls in". (I have not tested but I have seen the elements in firebug which means libraries like selenium, BeautifulSoup, etc... should be able to access them).

--Eric