[katello-devel] Bundler vs rpm-gems

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 14:14:16 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 09:49:06AM -0400, Hugh Brock wrote:
> FWIW, our Gemfile.lock is in git. We don't accept changes to it without
> patch review, etc. etc. Seems to work reasonably well.

Our first experience was not that good, but truth is, now we do use
github.com and pull requests. On the other hand, the lock file looks
very messy. You guys are able to track it all?

The general rule could be - no changes at all except adding new
dependencies (after discussion on the list of course :-)

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine