[katello-devel] Consumer and goferd

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 13:03:23 UTC 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 08:13:14AM -0400, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> On 08/23/2012 08:05 AM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> >Ok, here is the example bootstrap session:
> >
> >https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/GuideSystemRegistrationClient#Examplebootstrapsession
> >
> >This is how users should bootstrap their machines NOW with Katello.
> >
> >LZ
>
> If the agent fails nicely when the machine is not registered, why
> not just chkconfig it on by default? seems wierd to have to deal
> with it out of band.

It's not a good practice to do that. And what we get by removing two
lines from the bootstrap script putting them to the RPM when the script
is (as you see) quite big. I see no added value.

On top of that, we do restart goferd, but it must be running. It is not
by default (for the same reasons). I would recommend to leave the
decision on the administrator.

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine