[katello-devel] Bundler vs rpm-gems - in more detail

Petr Chalupa pchalupa at redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 07:11:06 UTC 2012

We could get rid of the bundler, but we have to consider that we loose
control over what katello is requiring. If somebody installs newer gem
with 'sudo gem install rails' without using yum, katello will require
this newer version and will be broken.

Actually (I did not consider this before) this will be prevented by the
path [1] because the older version installed with yum is picked and
required.

Petr

[1] https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/526